Friday, January 24, 2014

Anniversary

Today it has been nine years that I’ve been at my current job.  So much has happened in that time. 

When I started here…

my oldest son was in the Army, he went to both Iraq and Afghanistan, came by safely, finished college (degree in finance), got a good job, and got married last summer.

My second son was in college; he left college; was in a car accident that damaged his arm permanently; he moved out; he moved back in; he got a degree in civil engineering; he got two different jobs.

My oldest daughter … hmm I can’t remember all that she’s done but she came back from France; she graduated from UCLA with a biology degree (something to do with stem cells), spent a season in the Dominican Republic; watched my two grandsons; went to medical school in the Caribbean – and she’s almost done with that part of it.

My youngest son .. was in and out of trouble, got clean and sober, got married, had three kids, has a good job, bought a house, rented said house, moved in with us, will be moving out this year.

My youngest daughter .. graduated from high school and college (degree in health administration (I think)) is attending graduate school (in public health); moved out, moved back in, dated – broke up – dating again.

My parents visited us regularly; my mother got sick, my mother passed away, my father continues to spend about 1/2 the year with us.

My sister dealt with cancer and then separation from her husband.

My other sister dealt with divorce, buying a house, marrying off two of her five kids . we went to both weddings and are going to another one this year.

My husband started a business, ended a business, retired, started working heavily in ministry.

I have three wonderful grandchildren, I started quilting-- which I love, I made a new good friend. I started blogging and made some wonderful, yet distant, friends.

I’m sure there’s tons more but that’s it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 11 - April 3

I am a little mad at myself for waiting so long to post these (almost two years).  There is so much more I would have said had I done it ...