Monday, August 15, 2016

Day 6 - Our Last Day in Paris (3/29/15, Sunday)

On our last day in Paris, we were on our own, our OD had to go back to London.  We started by walking from the hotel to the Gare du Nord to see how the walk was (a trial run for Monday morning).  We stopped at a cafe and enjoyed some breakfast -- I had a crepe with jam, don't remember what Paul had.  I tried to look up the restaurant on line but couldn't find it.  Maybe I'll find the receipt and add it here later.

After that, we took the metro to Père Lachaise Cemetery.  We visited the graves of Edith Piaf, Jim Morrison, Chopin and Oscar Wilde.  It took us about an hour or so to find the first grave .. maybe more.  There was a map but it took us a while to figure out how to read it.

Jim Morrison



Edith Piaf ..


We then took the metro to the Eiffel Tower (for the second time), so I could have some pictures of it.  Not as pretty of a day, but still pretty spectacular.




on the way to dinner I took a picture of a door .. I had taken a bunch of door pictures but ended up deleting all of them.  :(.  So this is my only French door.


We then went to dinner at Le Bouillon Chartier.  I had steak frites, which was excellent. 



 We then went back to the hotel for the night ... a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 11 - April 3

I am a little mad at myself for waiting so long to post these (almost two years).  There is so much more I would have said had I done it ...